Der "Tolle Dinge, dank denen ihr lächelt"-Thread

Plausch & Palaver
illith
Berufs-Veganer

Beitrag von illith » 15. Aug 2015 12:37

muahahaha vampy! :'D

ja, da gab es beim VSD wohl eine Pseudo-Kontroverse wegen den angeblich nicht-veganen Crew-Mitgliedern
☜★VeganTakeover.de★☞
BlogShirtsBuch

Murphy
die männliche Manifestation des Göttlichen

Beitrag von Murphy » 15. Aug 2015 21:36

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. (Edward Abbey)
"Gibt es einen Thread zu...?"-Thread

untitled
The Good Doctor (summa cum laude)

Beitrag von untitled » 16. Aug 2015 08:54

:heart:
Spoiler: Life is hard. And sad.
- John Green

untitled

Beitrag von untitled » 16. Aug 2015 08:56

Must have:
- John Green

untitled

Beitrag von untitled » 16. Aug 2015 09:03

:crown:
- John Green

Vampy
Vactologist

Beitrag von Vampy » 16. Aug 2015 13:54

ab donnerstag gibt's wieder neo Magazin!!!

Think, before you speak - google, before you post!

Kim Sun Woo
Recherche und Archiv

Beitrag von Kim Sun Woo » 18. Aug 2015 08:49

der aktuelle Anlaß ist nicht zum Lächeln, die "Gesamtgeschichte" allerdings schon.

Route 29 Batman is killed after his Batmobile breaks down in Maryland
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ro ... 9819604847

Who is the Route 29 Batman? This guy.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ros ... _blog.html
Lenny B. Robinson was used to that. The Maryland man, better known as the Route 29 Batman, had for years dressed as the Caped Crusader and driven his custom-made car to deliver moments of happiness and distraction to hundreds of sick children at area hospitals.
He first started wearing the costume because one of his sons, Brandon, was obsessed with the character. But when he saw how children reacted, Robinson found a new purpose.
When Batman finally reached the elevator for the slow ride up to the cancer ward, I could see his face already sweating behind the mask. He told me he loses 5 to 6 pounds in water weight when he wears the superhero uniform. He paid $5,000 for it. He spends $25,000 a year of his own money on Batman toys and memorabilia. He signs every book, hat, T-shirt and backpack he hands out — Batman.
Batman began visiting Baltimore area hospitals in 2001, sometimes with his now teenage son Brandon playing Robin. Once other hospitals and charities heard about his car and his cape, Batman was put on superhero speed dial for children’s causes around the region. He visits sick kids at least couple times a month, sometimes more often. He visits schools, too, to talk about bullying. He does not do birthday parties.
“Eventually, it sinks in and you become him,” Batman told me. “It feels like I have a responsibility that’s beyond a normal person. And that responsibility is to be there for the kids, to be strong for them, and to make them smile as much as I can.” He understands that might sound corny, but he doesn’t care.
Superhero visits to hospitals let kids be kids in a scary, adult place, but the activities are indeed therapeutic, too, the chief doctor on the cancer floor told me.

“These visits provide an immediate boost for these kids,”said Jeffrey Dome, the oncology division chief at Children’s. “Some of these children have to stay for weeks or months at a time. That wears down the children and it wears down the family. You have to keep up morale. A visit from a superhero is sort of like a fantasy in the middle of all this hard-core therapy.”
:cry2: :heart:

um mal aus einem reddit post zu dem Unfall zu zitieren:
Maryland Batman is the real Batman as far as I am concerned.
Man hat jeden Tag die Chance die bestmögliche Version von sich selbst zu sein. ♥

untitled

Beitrag von untitled » 19. Aug 2015 14:19

:heart:
- John Green

Nullpositiv
Zugvogel

Beitrag von Nullpositiv » 19. Aug 2015 18:33

:up:

ot
Menschen die mit nem netten Akzent English reden. Französisch und Niederländisch sind meine Favs. Alles aus dem höheren Norden ist auch prima.
Und Dinge die ich an meinem Job mag: Ich hab mit Menschen aus aller Welt zu tun.
Be the nation russian propaganda says you are.

untitled

Beitrag von untitled » 21. Aug 2015 15:30

- John Green

Antworten